The Ins And Outs Of Root Canal Therapy
A root canal is a dental procedure or endodontic therapy. There are a variety of reasons why it might be necessary for you to undergo this type of treatment. Root canals are performed when the nerve or pulp of your tooth becomes infected and inflamed as a result of decay, a cracked or broken tooth or an injury to your tooth. If you require this procedure, our highly specialized dentists will provide your services right from the comfort and convenience of our office at Peninsula Cosmetic & Family Dentistry.
The Ins Of Your Root Canal
- Come in and see us if you are experiencing tooth pain. This pain can range from mild to severe and may fluctuate in intensity throughout the day. Biting or sensitivity to hot food or liquids might also be a symptom that you need a root canal.
- When you come in for your appointment, we will run a series of tests to diagnose the cause of your problem accurately. We will determine if you need a root canal.
- If it determined that you need a root canal, we would drill a hole in your tooth to access any bacteria, decay or debris.
The Outs Of Your Root Canal
- During your root canal, we will clean out your root.
- After your root canal, we will place a seal on the tooth to keep out further contaminants.
- Typically, you are good to go out and resume your normal activities the day after your procedure.
Call Peninsula Cosmetic & Family Dentistry today to schedule your root canal therapy.
Posted on Behalf of Peninsula Cosmetic & Family Dentistry