Unlike past decades, adults have more than one option for straightening their teeth. If you never had braces as a child, you are certainly not stuck between the decision to keep your crooked smile or endure years of metal braces. Today, you can choose from clear, short-term orthodontics such as Six Month Smiles. This is a revolutionary orthodontics treatment method that combines the time-tested approach of braces with the modern preference for a quick and discreet treatment.
The secret of Six Month Smiles is that it focuses on changing the position of teeth that are visible when you smile. Therefore, this treatment option is perfect for some patients, but not as ideal for others. Is it right for you?
While a consult with our Six Month Smiles dentist at Peninsula Cosmetic & Family Dentistry is the only surefire way to find out if this orthodontic treatment option can meet your needs, here is a brief checklist of the ideal Six Month Smiles candidate:
- You don’t want to wear a mouth full of metal.
- You want a fast treatment time.
- You don’t want to endure painful tightening appointments to move your teeth faster.
- You have crooked or gapped teeth in the front of your smile.
- You do not need extensive orthodontic correction.
- You do not need bite adjustment/correction.
- Your goals are primarily cosmetic.
- You don’t want others to immediately notice your braces when you smile.
If you believe that you fit in to the above criteria, please call our office today to meet with one of our talented Charleston dentists. We can explain the Six Month Smiles treatment process in detail and show you how you could have a beautiful and balanced smile in as little as 6 months!