Fear is a genuine emotion that can manifest itself very differently from person to person. For some, sweat, trembling and a rapid heartbeat are common in fearful situations. For others, hot flashes, chills or pain and tightness accompany their fearful situations. Fear is common and varies from person to person and often depends on history and past experiences.
VeryWell Mind lists the ten most common phobias. Do you recognize or identify with any of these?
- Arachnophobia – fear of spiders
- Ophidiophobia – fear of snakes
- Acrophobia – fear of heights
- Aerophobia – fear of flying
- Cynophobia – fear of dogs
- Astraphobia – fear of thunder and lightning
- Trypanophobia – fear of injections
- Social Phobia – fear of social situations
- Agoraphobia – fear of being alone
- Mysophobia – fear of germs
Helping You Navigate Your Dental Fear And Anxiety
Our team at Peninsula Cosmetic & Family Dentistry understands the impact fear and anxiety can play in a person’s life. We don’t take the dental fear and anxiety hurdles lightly. We know they can be a barrier to getting the dental care a person wants or needs. If your fear and anxiety, as it relates to dental care, has become a barrier to getting dental care, call our caring dental office to discover all the ways we have tried to make your dental visit with us as relaxing and pain-free as possible.
Peninsula Cosmetic & Family Dentistry Services For Your Fear and Anxiety
- Lightwalker Dental Laser
- Dental Wand
- Sedation Dentistry
Don’t let dental fear and anxiety hold you back any longer. Call and book your appointment with Dr. Forehand, Dr. McPherson, or Dr. Wisner today.