The Fotona Lightwalker Laser is an innovative and award-winning dental laser technology that has transformed the way we perform basic and complex dental procedures at our practice. The LightWalker utilizes TwinLight™ treatment, which enables treatment using two different laser wavelengths. The result is a comprehensive laser device capable of delivering greater patient comfort, faster healing, and better overall accuracy than traditional treatment measures.
Fotona Lightwalker Laser Treatment Candidates
Most patients are candidates for laser dental treatment. We use the LightWalker for a variety of treatment services, including root canals, gum surgery, some fillings, implants, sleep apnea/snoring correction,
and cosmetics. Whether you are undergoing a basic root canal, preparing to receive new implants or simply looking for a whiter smile, laser dental treatment may be right for you.
Here are some reasons why using the Lightwalker laser is preferable to the traditional dental drill:
- Many procedures can be completed with NO anesthetic/needle!
- Adjacent teeth remain unaffected.
- Faster and stronger bonding of fillings.
- Less of the healthy tooth is removed.
- Minimal bleeding during and after procedures.
- No noise, heat or unpleasant vibrations.
- Pinpoint accuracy generates better results.
- Reduced number of dental visits.
- Reduced risk of post-surgical infection.
What Can the LightWalker Erbium Laser Do For You?
- Cavity Preparation
- Caries Removal
- Treat Periodontal Disease and Bone Loss (with NO cutting of gums!)
- Root Canal Sterilization
- Pain Control/Biostimulation
- Snoring/Sleep Apnea Treatment using NightLase (PAINLESS!)
- “Inside-Out” Facelift using SmoothLase
- Implant Uncovering
- Treat Peri Implantitis
- Hard Tissue Surface Roughening or Etching
- Enameloplasty (the excavation of pits and fissures for placement of sealants)
- Recontouring or Shaping of the Gum Line
- Removal of Oral Growths
- Fix a “tongue-tie” (with no scalpel or sutures!) – even for infants
Dental lasers have been used in millions of procedures for many years. Countless patients have been satisfied with a reduced need for shots and anesthesia, and many are happy to avoid the unpleasant sounds, smells and sensations typically experienced with a drill. At our practice, the use of Fotona LightWalker lasers is part of our commitment to patient-centric care. For more information about laser dentistry and whether it could be right for you, contact our office to schedule a consultation. We look forward to speaking with you soon!